Streets of Rage 4 has a new update out, celebrating the game having been downloaded over 1.5 million times since its launch in April on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. According to developer DotEmu, the new patch is made up of over 80 smaller updates and introduces plenty of new bug fixes and balance changes that were tested by the Streets of Rage 4 community itself.
The patch aims to make online play more fluid and stable while having less latency, the HUD section has new display options for online stats, and there are major gameplay improvements for all stages. Rare random crashes have also been fixed, while Axel and several other characters have received an overhaul.
Axel in particular has received the most attention, as the series stalwart is now able to move quicker and recover faster on certain attacks. Cherry’s buffs make her flying punch invincible before it hits, and Floyd’s special attack now requires less HP.
You can read the official patch notes, below:
- Specials and star move can interrupt all hit stun state including air.Specials can interrupt hit freeze.Faster jump start for SOR4 characters.
Streets of Rage 4 Characters: Fixes and enhancements
- Improved move speed.Added better recovery on-air special.Added additional invincibility frames on grand upper start-up.Added grand upper on the ground (OTG) property.Improved grand upper that now travels farther.Added neutral special OTG property.Neutral specials have now less hit freeze.Pipe swings have now less recovery.Improved air special: all hits connect when OTG + ignore weight class.Lowered defensive cost.Rescaled damage on grand upper.Fwp special better hitbox.Buff charge kick wall damage.Infinite stun-lock fix.Special pipe goes farther.
- Cherry can now jump cancel after uppercut combo and grab uppercut.Added 2 frames stun on punches.Cherry’s flying punch from combo is now fully invincible.Cherry’s charged flying punch is invincible before hit.Full invulnerability during fall is removed.Special forward is faster.Damage Buff.Back throw works in corners.Pogo kick can hit OTG.Cherry damages are rescaled on normal combo.
- Floyd’s attack x3 infinite is fixed.Neutral special life costs adjustment.Floyd can no longer reset his grab move counter by jumping.Special take less HP.
- Reduced vertical speed on juggle neutral special.Reduced vertical speed on juggle back attack.Blaze’s back attack has a high bounce.Jump cancel on combo kick 1st hit.
- Fixed Infinite loop.Added neutral special OTG property.
- Added invincibility on headbutt.
Blaze Streets of Rage 1
- Hitting behind with flip kick.
Adam Streets of Rage 1
- Combo feels more like the original.Added body hit property to his last kick in combo as in original SOR1.Infinite fix.
Axel Streets of Rage 2
- Fixed Star Move not recovering green health.
Max Streets of Rage 2
- Atomic drop recovery is now shorter and bigger aoe.
Skate Streets of Rage 3
- Damage nerf on blitz.
Axel Streets of Rage 3
- Infinite fix.Increased run speed (+10%).Fixed Star Move not recovering green health.
Shiva Streets of Rage 3
- Nerfed Blitz damage.Fixed hitbox on Star Move.
Boss: Fixes and enhancements
- Bug fix Diva never going in phase 2.Diva charge is slower.No armor on kicks.Electric area disappears faster.Diva has longer preparation for snake bite.Diva snake bite has less depth.
Commissioner Stage 2
- Balancing.Commissioner has longer charge punch time + lower dash grab hitbox.
- Police attacks are easier to dodge.
- Barbon kicks can hit another player after impact.
- Smaller hitbox on palm moves.Shiva double has a chance to align with the player (instead of being full random).
Commissioner Stage 7
- Fewer armor moves.
Riha & Beyo
- Beyo is a little faster.No more armor moves for Beyo.Armor finishes sooner for Riha’s moves.Less fire pond (lesser time and bigger cooldown).Riha fire aoe moves are slower.
- Throw aoe damage nerf.Some AI fixes.Can’t combo the player anymore with 3 shoulder tackles.
- Mr.Y is now harder to defeatElite Shadow reinforcements during the fight.
- MrY stage 11 harder.MrY stage 12 evades more.
- Mr.Y and Ms.Y final fight lasts longer (before the robot appearance)Some robot hitboxes are smaller.Legs positions have changed.Twin getting into the robot regains full life.Additional damages on the robot.Fixed a bug preventing Mr.Y from throwing grenades.Spider robot now has the same attacks in phase 1 & 2.Fix a bug with Ms.Y not grabbing in stage 12 last fight.
- Nerfed Galsia weapon hitbox
- Apple added in the changing room.Added a roasted chicken.
- Less green life at the beginning.Fixed Pheasant and sparrow rising move.Shorter electric vial time.Reduced steam hazards hitbox.Lots of enemies rising armor moves removed/nerfed.
- Longer parry recovery time.Massive punch is easier to dodge
Caramel and Candy
- Headbutt nerf: hitbox + hitbox depth nerf.Lower hp.
Diamond / palettes
- Jump kick track less.Slap is slower.
- No armor.
Raven / palettes
- Slower kicks.Slower knee while rising.Turn towards the target when rising.
- Slower start up.Smaller hitbox height.Less HP.Bronze enemy is not armored anymore during his attack.Donovan and palettes have a slower jab punch.Lower nb of hits to destroy bikes : 3.
Big Ben / Gourmand
- Gourmand jump attack tracks less.Gourmand doesn’t do 2 hits anymore with an air attack.Armor removed on Big Ben fire attack.
- Slower shield regeneration.Slower attack.
- Barbon clone bug fixed.
Signal R & D
- Faster walk speed before grab.
- Deactivated special burst in Battle ModeEnemies hurtbox while jumping on-screen is bigger.You can pick up an item that is in the air if it is in your character height.All characters can hit at point-blank.You cannot charge a move while doing a charged move.Forward specials are not triggered when pressing up or down.Wall bounces increments the combo counter.A character that is in « Body Hit » mode will collide more easily with other characters.Nora palettes aren’t armored anymore.Donovan can hold a hammer.Gold reinforcements on stage 10 boss.Stage 11 more score items on the plane.Stage 12 ninja floor changed a little (removed spike ball, added Big Bens).Faster transition on stage 1_2.Donovan with a hammer on stage 3_1.Boss Rush Mr.Y & Ms.Y robot trigger threshold as in Story Mode.Bikes are now breakable in Stage 6.Walking upward in front of Roo makes spawn 3 vials.Score: combo bonuses don’t have a point limit now.Better reinforcements spawn code preventing some reinforcements from spawning out of bounds.Combo counters stay alive when hitting shields or guards.Falling into holes breaks the combo.Lowered Koobo control weapons number (2 flying at the same time).Fixing Grenade throwers on roff throwing their grenades out of bounds.Damage reduced on players when comboed by enemies.Fixed a bug where you could infinite combo an enemy and refill his life.Fixing pickup bug when several items overlap.Weapons start flashing in red at 1/3 life (instead of 1/2).Sledgehammer freeze reduced a bit.Fixed input bug when canceling blitz by fwd special near a wall.Fixed some scripting issues in the 5-2 bar fight.Better reinforcements spawning.Throwing knives do 36 damage instead of 35 preventing some weird 0hp enemy situations.Some K-washi shield issues fixed.Retro Shiva boss fight reworked.Added 10 frames of stun after vault jump.Pummel moves fix preventing some infinite.
Now Playing: Streets Of Rage 4 – Official Launch Trailer