Destiny 2‘s annual Solstice of Heroes has wrapped up, but players can still pursue a final Exotic weapon quest in Season of Arrivals, earning a reward that harkens back to the first year of the game. Four of Destiny 2’s planets will soon be sealed away in the Destiny Content Vault, and Zavala needs your help to clear those locations in the Evacuation quest. The adventure is lengthy, but the reward for evacuating Io, Mars, Mercury, and Titan is a sidearm that has been redesigned: Traveler’s Chosen.
The very first weapon that Guardians could wield in Destiny 2, Traveler’s Chosen has been retooled into an Exotic weapon with some formidable perks:
- Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light.Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
Gift of the Traveler
- Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
The quest to obtain the new Exotic sidearm is free for all players during Season of the Arrivals, with the steps having been datamined and listed below for you to read through.
You’ll need to speak to Zavala to start this quest, so go pay the Vanguard leader a visit in The Tower. From there, you’ll need to visit several locations and speak to the Guardians there:
Speak to Sloane and she’ll give you the Task at Hand quest. Finish one of her weekly bounties, report back to Sloane, and you’ll be sent to Io next.
Speak to Asher Mir, get the Novel Data quest, and report back to him. You’ll be told to report back to Zavala. Once you’re back at The Tower, Zavala will reward you with a fully Masterworked Militia’s Birthright and send you to Mercury.
On Mercury, go talk to Brother Vance in the Lighthouse. Pick up one of his weekly bounties, complete it, and report back. Next stop, Mars.
Speak to Ana for the final weekly bounty quest. Once again, you’ll need to complete it and report back to her. You’ll be told to report back to Zavala once again, who’ll reward you with Altered Element and give you the Exodus: Preparation Triumph.
Exodus: Evacuation quest
Now that all the preparations are complete, it’s time to start evacuating several planets in the solar system. To begin the quest, talk to Zavala in The Tower.
Exodus: Evacuation quest – Io
Head back to Io and talk to Asher Mir. You’ll then be tasked with the following objectives:
Collect a sample from Taken Phalanx Barrism in Lost Sector: Sanctum of Bones located in the Rupture close to Asher Mir. Investigate the chest in the Sanctum of Bones. Collect Traces of Corruption by defeating Taken on Io.
- Collect a sample of Taken Barrism from Taken PhalanxesOpen the chest in the Sanctum of Bones Lost Sector.Complete the Pyramidion strikeCollect 40 Scan Traces on Io by killing VexComplete the Unexpected Guest adventure on Heroic difficulty.
Talk to Asher Mir again, and you’ll then be sent to Titan.
Exodus: Evacuation quest – Titan
Talk to Sloane to start your next quest, which has the following objectives:
- Head to the Methane Flush Lost Sector to defeat the Hive Knight Dek-ThraOpen chests in the Solarium or Festering Halls that are protected by Hive Ultras.Complete the Savathun’s Song strike.Collect Tech Fragments by killing Hive Ogres, Wizards, and Knights on Titan.
Once you’re finished, report back to Sloane and then head off to Mercury.
Exodus: Evacuation quest – Mercury
Back at the Lighthouse, talk to Brother Vance and he’ll give you the following set of objectives:
- Complete the A Garden World strike.Defeat Vex Hydras, Minotaurs, and Cyclopses on Mercury.Complete the Tree of Probabilities strike.Defeat Cabal on Mercury.Complete the Bug in the System adventure on Heroic difficulty.
When you’re done, talk to Brother Vance and you’ll be ready for the final destination in the Evacuation quest.
Exodus: Evacuation quest – Mars
On Mars, go talk to Ana Bray. She’ll ask you to do the following:
- Investigate Mindlab Rasputin where you’ll find a signal from the Warmind.Take part in Escalation Protocol and defeat bosses to collect pieces of Rasputin’s shattered frame.Complete the Deathly Tremors adventure on Heroic difficulty.
Claim Traveler’s Chosen
With the planets now evacuated, you can return to Zavala in The Tower and receive your reward: the Exotic sidearm Traveler’s Chosen.
Now Playing: Destiny 2 – Moments Of Triumph Explained