PS5 System Update
Xbox Series X Restocks
Apple AirPods Max
Cyberpunk 2077 Review
The Division 2 Update
PS5 Restock Updates
Rocket League Season 2 is now live and it brings a host of changes to the game about supersonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle-cars. Season 2 adds a new battle car and arena, as well as player anthems.
The new battle car is the R3MX, unlocked in the first level of the Rocket Pass. The R3MX possesses the Hybrid hitbox, so it strikes the ball similarly to battle cars like the Venom and X-Devil. Meanwhile the new arena, Neon Fields, is a colorful field that reacts to the music being played during the match.
Really, music is the overall theme of Season 2. For example, several new goal explosions, battle car decals, wheels, and boosts in the Rocket Pass all relate to music. This theme most comes through in the brand-new player anthems. You can now assign yourself a player anthem, a song that will play when you score a goal, get an epic save, or earn MVP for a match.
For the full list of changes implemented in Season 2, check out the patch notes. We’ve listed them below.
Rocket League Season 2 Patch NotesSeason 2
- Live Now
- Season 2 is live on all platformsSeason 2 Rocket Pass, featuring the new R3MX car, has begun
- R3MX uses the Hybrid hitbox
- Season 2 Tournaments are now available
- New Tournament Rewards and Titles have been added
Tournament player population cap has been significantly increased
- We will continue to add more capacity and additional support per region over time
Changes and Updates
- Previewing an item when a Tournament finishes will no longer hide a player’s Tournament SummaryThe Tournaments card no longer says “Joinable” after the player has signed up”Checking In…” message now has a clear time-out state
- Stage 1 Challenges for Season 2 are now livePlayers now need to complete 22 or more of 24 Challenges to earn the Season Challenge Reward
- Season 2 Competitive has begun3v3 Standard: This season’s soft reset will be less aggressive than Season 1
- Grand Champion and Supersonic Legend Ranks in 3v3 Standard will be slightly easier to reach
Rumble: Champion I and higher Ranks will be slightly tougher to reach
- New Arena: Neon Fields
- Neon Fields has been added to the Online Playlists rotation, and can also be used in Private Matches and Free PlayThe new Arena interacts with Rocket League Radio, and Player Anthems for all players in a match
- Player Anthems are a new customization option that let you play your favorite music from the Rocket League soundtrack at key moments during a match. Players Anthems play when you:
- Score a goalMake an Epic SaveEarn MVP honors
To use a Player Anthem, go to Profile > Choose Player AnthemUnder Settings > Audio > Player Anthems, there are three choices:
- Always On: Plays during matches and in Free PlayMatches Only: Only plays during matchesOff: Turns off your anthem and anthems from other players
Player Anthem volume is controlled by ‘Music – Gameplay’ under Settings > AudioFive Player Anthems are now available to all players from the Rocket League Soundtrack Vol. 1:
- “We Speak Chinese” by Mike Ault and Abandoned Carnival”Love Thru The Night” (feat. Morgan Perry) by Mike Ault”I Can Be” (feat. Crysta) by Mike Ault”Flying Forever” (feat. Morgan Perry) by Mike Ault”Angel Wings” (feat. Avianna Acid) by Mike Ault
Season 1 Competitive Rewards
- Season 1 Competitive has ended. Season Reward Items and Titles will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.Season 1 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable, universal Decals
- Bronze I or higher: S1 – BronzeSilver I or higher: S1 – SilverGold I or higher: S1 – GoldPlatinum I or higher: S1 – PlatinumDiamond I or higher: S1 – DiamondChampion I or higher: S1 – ChampionGrand Champion I or higher: S1 – Grand ChampionSupersonic Legend: S1 – Supersonic Legend
Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)
- Competitive Grand Champion: S1 GRAND CHAMPIONRumble Grand Champion: S1 RNG CHAMPHoops Grand Champion: S1 DUNK MASTERSnow Day Grand Champion: S1 BLIZZARD WIZARDDropshot Grand Champion: S1 FLOOR DESTROYER
Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)
- Competitive: S1 SUPERSONIC LEGENDRumble: S1 RNGENIUSHoops: S1 LEGENDARY BALLERSnow Day: S1 ICE TITANDropshot: S1 TILE ANNIHILATOR
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Use your keyboard!