Destiny 2 is almost ready to launch its huge next-gen update, with improved framerates, loading times, enhanced graphics, and new features. This update, which will will even add an 120fps option for the PvP Crucible, will arrive on December 8 at 9 AM PT. While Destiny 2 has been playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S since the systems launched, this update will massively enhance the game on these platforms.
Bungie has detailed Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1, which will introduce numerous changes to every version of the game, but will give the next-gen consoles a huge boost. The game can be played across generations, so for instance PS5 players can still team up with their friends on PS4 after the update.
One thing this update probably won’t do, however, is bring back Trials of Osiris–you’ll have to wait until December 18 for that.
Destiny 2 recently went through some major changes with its Beyond Light expansion, and the game will keep changing and evolving over time. Here’s everything coming on December 8, including the Prophecy Dungeon.
Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 NotesDungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora’s waypoint was suppressed.Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player’s class.Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.Fixed an issue where the “Survivor” medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.Fixed an issue where the “Untouchable” medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle’s description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris’s perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being “Killed by the Architects.”
Now Playing: Destiny 2: Beyond Light Video Review