UPI reported this week that Daniel Craig said No Time To Die wasn’t going to come out anytime soon. During his appearence on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon this Monday, the 52-year-old actor reflected on No Time To Die’s rescheduling amid the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the outlet, Daniel chatted with Jimmy over a Zoom call and they explored his thoughts on the postponement of the film. Originally, it was supposed to come out on the 20th of November, but it was pushed until April 2nd, 2021.
As most know, No Time To Die isn’t the only film that has been put on hold either. Other movies to face such problems included Mulan from Disney, although, it was released earlier this year in China to a lackluster performance.
Craig said to Jimmy that the coronavirus pandemic was “bigger than all of us,” and while many people would like to see the film, Craig says it’s important for everyone to feel safe while they watch it. The star went on to say that cinemas are shuttered all over the globe, and it just seemed like a better idea to release it later.
It simply isn’t “the right time,” the actor remarked. Additionally, the James Bond entertainer said he was really glad to come back and do another 007 film because there were a lot of loose ends that needed to be tied up. The story just didn’t feel finished.
Craig first started working as James Bond in Casino Royale in 2006 and he and the writers and filmmakers continued with the same plotline. “This was the chance to round it off,” the actor explained. Additionally, Craig shared a video of his character getting attacked by a group of men on a bridge.
As it was noted above, No Time To Die, like The Batman, Dune, and The Matrix 4, were all put on hold on account of the pandemic. It’s been a tough year for the film industry with theaters still facing closures internationally.