Where Is Xur?
Amazon Free Games
Diablo 4 Legendary System
Every PS Plus Game
Fortnite Grapple Glove
The hefty new patch adds brand new features, cars, and languages, along with bug fixes.
Forza Horizon 5‘s latest patch is a major one, adding story mode co-op, a new event, and new Hot Wheels cars and cosmetics ahead of the July expansion’s release. The patch also fixes a number of high-profile bugs, adds convertible functionality to some of FH5’s cars, and adds support for a handful of new languages in both subtitles and voice over.
The patch brings good news for those who like to play in a group, with the update finally fixing a bug that affected 12-player convoys, as well as adding support for up to six players to enjoy Horizon Stories in co-op. A new Forza EV Monthly Rivals event has also been added to the game.
Now Playing: Forza Horizon 5 Review
FH5 has also started adding Hot Wheels-themed content to the game, ahead of the full Hot Wheels expansion dropping on July 19. While the custom tracks aren’t available yet, new cosmetics and cars themed around the iconic toy brand have been added to the game.
With the amount of content that is being added or tweaked, users have reported that the patch is a hefty one, with a reported file size around 16GB on the Xbox Series X and 12GB on the Xbox One. Check out the full patch notes below for everything that’s being added or fixed in this patch.
FH5 Release Notes: June 21st, 2022
- Added new localization languagesAdded Subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European PortugueseAdded Voice Over for European Spanish, Italian, KoreanAdded new Forza EV Rivals eventAdded Horizon Story Co-opAdded TAA option when playing on PCVarious stability and performance improvementsFixed issue where hood and bumper cam was too dark during dusk and night time of daysIn Series 9, the Accolade “It Just Works” now unlocks as intended once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already fulfilled this requirement prior to this update will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
- Fixed exploit when using Photo ModeFixed exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed rare issue where players matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship can result in a player entering the wrong eventFixed issue which could end up in wrong car class in an online raceFixed issue which could cause Horizon Arcade events to not spawnFixed issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other members of the convoy
- Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filtersAdded Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S SpiderUpdated Volvo’s logoFixed idle RPM on the 93 Nissan 240SX SERemoved Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio when at high RPMFixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dashFixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Added Car Horns from Series 6 and 7 to EventLabAdded Orbit Cam optionAdded stepped rotationAdded new camera speed optionsFixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnectedFixed an issue where the stadium floor wouldn’t load when starting an event nearbyFixed an issue where props could remain in FreeroamFixed Rule Importing only showing events with Custom RoutesFixed an issue with one of the flood lights which would appear invisible when placed
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Use your keyboard!